Thursday 7 June 2012

Huflepuff peeps: Helga Hufflepuff

A wholesome looking entry tonight and a brief one I am tired, this is the second time I have written this tonight because of the stupid internet -_-'
Here's the inspiration for the look, I searched far and wide for images I could get a sweet simplistic look from because I know Hufflepuffs are not bolshy or extragvegant in anyway. So here's what I found:
http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/20400000/Helga-Hufflepuff-percy-jackson-vs-harry-potter-20457016-400-566.jpg
I know she isn't technically a blonde, she's a ruddy browny colour but that's not my concern, my concern is the make up. Appley cheeks and twinkly eyes, an English country girl through and through.
Anyway, this look is easy peasy you're going to need:
a powder foundation (i use bourjois powder eclat minerals), a translucent face powder (i use collection 200 sheer loose powder), a dull gold eyeshadow (G9 from my 120 palette), a brown eyeliner pencil (I uused Barry M's in #2), a peachy blusher (one from a random palette I had around), a pinky lipstick (I prefer a matte one for this look, it's more natural looking, I use collection 2000 creampuff in cotton candy1) and a volumising mascara (mine is bourjois volumising mascara).
Ok, do your face first, give it a quick wipe with a face wipe or baby wipe and moisturise as powder can be drying to the skin, and just wait for the moisturiser to absorb into the skin, if you have oily skin, don't bother to moisturise just wipe your skin with a damp cloth no soaps or anything as they'll irritate the skin.
Now once that's done and moisturiser is absorbed/ skin cleaned, use a kabuki brush or large powder brush to sweep on the powder foundation from the nose outwards making sure you get those areas you tend to be a bit shiney in. Do the same with the translucent powder, it just sets the foundation powder and erradicates any extra uncaught shine and evens out the skin tone a little more.
With a smaller brush or an angled blusher brush apply your blusher make the biggest smile you can showing all your teeth and where your cheeks jutt out apply blusher starting there and sweeping back then relax your face and lightly bend it down across your cheek to create a peachy glow.
Now your eyes. Sweep on the gold eyeshadow with a brush or applicator sponge lightly, don't over do the colour, then justt apply a thin line of brown eyeliner on your upper lash line.
Then apply one coat of mascara to your top and bottom lashes from root to tip (it helps if you look right up and open your eyes super wide when doing your upper lashes if you want an even root to tip cover).
Now lips take some lipstick or creampuff on your pinger tip and lightly blend over your lips building a slight colour on the lips. This looks nicer and more subtle (and therefore more natural) colour on your lips.
Tada pretty as a picture :)
enjoy!
There won't be a post tomorrow night I'm getting my eyebrows and upper lip waxed, I can't wear make up for 24 hours afterwards to avoid conjested skin, I apologise xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment